Contractor Tips To Grow Your Business Through Social Media
As a small business, our days are often so busy that we have little time for marketing and promoting ourselves. That’s why we work with Stellaractive, a web design and digital marketing agency. The marketing team at Stellaractive helps us write blog posts, update our website, and run our social media accounts. Given their experience, they’ve come up with a few tips that might help our own customers promote themselves. If you’ve been interested in growing your customer base, please read below for some easy social media tips. And if you’re a homeowner? There’s something here for you too! Learn how to share your work in the decorative concrete community and benefit from decades of experience.
Social media marketing
Does your business use social media? It might feel like too much work or, even worse, a pointless task. We’re not going to tell you that you need to be staring at Facebook 24/7, but consider that you have useful and interesting knowledge and people want you to share that knowledge. Connect with customers (and potential customers!) in the spaces where they already spend their time – online! By posting regular content on a few social media outlets, you’ll enhance your visibility and customers will naturally think of you when they need your services. Where should you focus your social media efforts and what type of content should you post?
- Love it or hate it, Facebook should be at the top of your list. In the U.S. alone, the platform has 190 million users. It’s a convenient way build awareness of your business while increasing trust. Facebook is also great for having personal conversations and letting users know the people behind your brand. Facebook should be used to share information and engage with followers. While organic reach is low, it’s still important to have an up-to-date and active page in order to build brand legitimacy.
- Instagram is a visual platform so only consider using it if you’re able to generate enough quality, interesting images. Like Facebook, Instagram is a very popular platform with over 110 million U.S. users. What’s more? Over 75% of businesses use Instagram. Even if you’re not using Instagram, there’s a good change that your competitors are using it. By sharing project photos and how-to videos, you’ll display your skill and inspire followers.
- Pinterest, another visual platform, serves as a virtual bulletin board where uses can save (or “pin”) images that inspire and interest them. If you’re a contractor serving homeowners, then it’s likely your potential customers are scrolling through Pinterest seeking home improvement ideas.
Other social media options that may or may not be right for your business include Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn. Blogging is another marketing opportunity to consider.
Social media tips:
- You don’t need to post daily if you don’t have the bandwidth but make sure you post consistently, even if it’s just once or twice a week.
- Don’t get too wordy with your posts – keep them short and sweet! – and make sure to include an image.
- Share updates about your business/services/products and make sure to include relevant info about your industry.
- Share the great reviews you receive from your customers.
- Start building a stockpile of images! They don’t have to be professional but ensure the photos are well-lit, clear, and show off your project.
- Share info about your employees and business.
- Consider using targeted ads on Facebook, which can expand your reach with an affordable budget.
Google My Business
To find new customers, you need to be visible when they search for your company or your services. A strong presence on Google My Business is necessary to show up on searches on in Google Maps and to get placed in the top results. A listing will show your address, contact info, hours, and customer reviews. It’s an important way to improve your local SEO and boost your credibility. Plus, it’s free to set up an account!
If you’re enjoying a great new patio, driveway, walkway, or garage floor, snap a photo or video and share it! We’d love to see your finished project – simply email us and share the name of your contractor or tag us on social media. We’re active on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. There’s also an active, helpful community online that thrives on sharing ideas, inspiration, and tips. Check out the Concrete Network for great resources or search Instagram for relevant, active hashtags. Try: #stampedconcrete #stampedconcretepatio #decorativeconcrete #prolinestamps #concrete
How Calico can help
Here at Calico Construction Products, we’re happy to help promote your business! We love to share your concrete creations on our social media and in our Idea Gallery. We also hold special promotions like this photo contest. Plus, we’re currently seeking contractors to profile on our blog. If you’re interested in any of these opportunities, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-221-9469.